Sunday, September 25, 2011

Random street sigs

September 23, 2011
There are two signs I pass every day on my way home from school and I have to say that after 8 weeks they still attract my attention. One because I am not at all sure what it means. Wait, that doesn't sound quite right, I know what it means, but I don't know what it means if you understand me. It is just a simple green sign that says "Thanks" in English and Hindi. Thanks for what? What am I missing? Who could clue me in? I wonder if one of my taxi drivers could explain it to me but just the thought of that conversation confuses me and I doubt I'd even be able to get my point across to ask the question.
September 17, 2011
The other just explains a bit about traffic here. It is a simple sign that explains what the colors of the traffic lights mean. Red = stop. Green = go. Yellow = look. It might as well say Yellow = honk and speed through as that is what happens, although I suppose the drivers do look to see if they might be hit as they try to avoid having to wait at the light. I really think it would be more appropriate if it just said Yellow = honk. After all that is what happens, despite the signs on the side of the road imploring "do not honk." - which are perhaps never going to be successful when the trucks themselves are painted with sayings including "horn please."

1 comment:

  1. I like the "Thanks" sign. Come back and post again if you ever get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete