Friday, March 30, 2012

Going for a ride

Flowered
Rocking side to side in an uneven pattern left me fearing my sideways perch. Ok, sure there is a bar in front of you, but mom and I kept hitting it and lifting it up so I didn't have much faith in its ability to keep me secured to my seat. Then the mahout asked me to shift farther back, wait - watch that your feet don't get scraped against the wall, tuck them in, but don't let them touch. Now shift forward, you're uneven. Goodness. I didn't realize that I'd have to think so hard, or use so many stomach muscles, to take the short ride up the road to the Amber fort by elephant. Since this was my first opportunity to ride an elephant I was definitely going to take advantage, and it was easier then having to walk up the hill (avoiding the elephants in the process). After all, why wouldn't you want to ride on an elephant brightly decorated with paint on the head and sometime the back end? We ended up on a smaller elephant (younger?) who quite clearly wasn't all to fond of going up hill. We kept getting passed by other elephants, but hey, that just gave us a bit more time to enjoy the experience. Maybe he's just feeling a bit sick, after all he seems to have the snuffles (I now know where the inspiration for Snuffleupagus comes from). Eeewww! He just sneezed, and I have now been baptized by an elephant. I had a hard time deciding if it was funny or just gross; I just asked mom to help me remember not to touch my leg. Oh, wait a minute. We just hit a straight away and our little elephant has put on the speed. Maybe he just doesn't like to go up hill. We're finally entering the courtyard of the Amber Fort and I can think is "We definitely got taken for a ride."
Waiting for a customer

No comments:

Post a Comment