Sunday, September 20, 2015

Relaxing in Pondicherry


It has been a busy start to the school year here in Delhi. In fact I still feel like I'm getting my feet under me, and we've already finished six weeks. I have a feeling this year is going to fly by! All of this made taking advantage of a three day long weekend all the more important. Where to go? I'm starting to have to dig a bit deeper in order to find destinations that make sense with just three days. This time I headed out to the town of Pondicherry, a small French colonial town about 2 hours south of Chennai in Tamil Nadu.


There isn't a whole lot to do in Pondicherry, rather it is one of the places that you just go to relax. Maybe take a stroll along the Promenade Beach. Check out some of the crumbling French architecture. Rest in a restored colonial building turned into a luxury hotel. Eat some amazing seafood. Rest. Read. Relax. Exactly what I needed for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment