Saturday, July 7, 2018

May's Museum: MO_Space


By the time May rolled around I wasn't really up for much of a outing to a museum. Instead I decided to stick closer to home, in fact within walking distance of my apartment. On the top floor of a furniture store there is a small two room gallery that has a rotating set of exhibits. MO_Space is an artist run gallery. Dedicated to showcasing work from Filipino contemporary artists the exhibits can be quite a contrast.


This month the two rooms were set up as two different exhibits. I quite enjoyed the brightly coloured paintings on the wall and the floor in Patrick Cruz's people without property. Each time I went back to look I noticed more details (many of which reminded me of Native American legends). It was eye-catching and vibrant.


The second room was a compilation of work by different artists along the theme of visionary. There was a lot more variety in these works, some of which I struggled to find the connection to (not the ones pictured about, these were two of the three with a religious theme). However it pushed me to consider what it means to be visionary.

Bonifacio High Street, BGC
11am - 8pm
Free entry through Mo Design Store

No comments:

Post a Comment