Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Muscat by night


This past weekend found me in Muscat, Oman for the volleyball tournament with my boys (our best result yet finishing fourth place). The only problem with travelling for sports is that all you really get to see is the inside of the gym. I have to admit that I still hear the refrain that our players were chanting all weekend: Everywhere we go everywhere we go, People want to know people want to know, Who we are who we are, So we tell them so we tell them, We are the tigers we are the tigers, Mighty mighty tigers, mighty mighty tigers....aargh! Enough already.


Thankfully I have a friend that I taught with in Turkey who is now in Muscat. She graciously came and picked me up one evening after we had finished so I did get to see a little bit of Muscat, but only what is lit up at night. A promenade along the beach front, the beautifully lit opera house with its strong angles and arches, the golden lit dome of the Grand Mosque. I have to admit that I like the way things get lit up at night, even if it does mean things are not really open for an inside views.

Opera House

No comments:

Post a Comment