Sunday, March 30, 2014

Everyday adventures

Sometimes I'm surprised by just what it is that catches me off guard, and how easy it is to have unexpected adventures. Take this morning for example. Who wouldn't want to be prompted out of bed by a 10 piece band lined up along their neighbor's driveway? Especially if it comes complete with horns and drums? I couldn't resist stepping out onto my balcony and enjoying (hmmm...is that the right word?) the free music for a while. And of course taking a short video.


Or there is the experience of going to a friend's rooftop bbq to find that she had hired a Rajasthan Drum Troupe to perform for a good portion of the evening. Four young boys complete with led lights in a see through drum.


Or the fact that every time I see an elephant on the road it completely makes my day...and makes me wonder about where I have chosen to live.


And how can having my morning taxi weave its way through a herd of cows become everyday ordinary?


It makes you wonder what it would take to be really extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment