Saturday, May 3, 2014

Feel good moments



About a month ago I was pleased to find out that one of my photos had been accepted into a photography show an auction. When a former parent had mentioned they were still looking for submissions I combed through some of my favorites from the last year and decided that if I wanted one that would be different from the others then the whirling monk would be a good choice. As a contributing artist I also got invited to attend the evening. I was not at all sure what to expect from the Glimpses of Asia, but talked a friend into accompanying me so that I could take a look at what else was chosen. I wasn't planning on buying anything, was more going to get a sense of what people liked in terms of photography here - the answer is those pictures that you always wish you had, but never manage to get...Along the way though I had several realizations that made me feel good about my photo. The first happened when I realized mine was one of just a handful that had a higher starting price (unique, I guess?). The second was when the friend I took with me started talking about a picture, about how maybe she had one of almost a similar quality, and how it brought back so many memories....it turns out she didn't realize I actually had a photo in the show, and the one she liked best was the one I took while we were traveling together last summer in Ladakh. Both things that just made me feel a bit more special. I don't often like to brag, but I have to admit I do think the picture is pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment