Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mini Oasis


Landscaped garden

One thing I like about walking around my neighborhood is that every once you are surprised; okay, really I'm surprised quite a bit, but I'm talking about the pleasant escape type of surprise. In the middle of a housing block you'll find a square that is completely green. If you walk around it enough there is sure to be a gate on one side that will let you slip inside and escape the city. It is a neighborhood park. Or perhaps I would be better off saying neighborhood garden. There is a usually a path that winds either through the greenery and flowers or around it. A path that only take a few minutes to completely traverse, and yet it is long enough to force you to breathe deep, appreciate the overabundance of nature that can survive if given a little space, and remember that not everything is concrete.

Overgrown with flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment