Saturday, June 16, 2018

April's Museum: The Dessert Museum


April was a busy month for me. Mom left. I had a full weekend of going to see shows (I highly recommend Lion King if you ever get a chance to see it on stage). Yet I still wanted to get a museum in. After all I was so close to meeting my goal for the school year of a museum a month. So I decided this time of year called for some light hearted fun. The Dessert Museum seemed like the ideal place to go relax for a bit.


What you're thinking probably isn't accurate. The Dessert Museum popped up in Manila this year. A bit of a response to the Instagram culture that is dominating the travel opportunities that people search for. It is three quarters photo op and one quarter sweet treats. There are eight rooms with different themes - donuts to marshmallows, gummy bears to ice-cream, gum to cotton candy. The rooms are decorated to the theme, with plenty of fun photo opportunities in each room. You have about 15 minutes to explore and play before they herd your group on to the next room. 

Smiles around for the group I went with
Of course you can't have a dessert museum without getting to eat some sweet treats. In the blue and white marshmallow room we got a marshmallow (of course) held under a sweet topping fountain (ube, vanilla or strawberry). There was an ice cream bar to go along with the room whose floor was filled with those balls you enjoyed playing with in ball pits as a child. The treats also included a macaroon, some gummy bears and a cake pop. And while each treat seemed small sized, by the end of the tour I feared that I was beginning to go into sugar shock. 


10 am - 10 pm (last entry 8 pm)
Tickets 800 pesos


No comments:

Post a Comment