Saturday, June 2, 2018

Battle of the Bands


Every school has its traditions. One of them here in Manila is an event called Battle of the Bands. Taking place in two rounds, over two separate weekends, it allows for bands and individual singers to compete against each other. The best move on to the second round. This is taken quite seriously. As you can see from the pictures, there is a professional set up of stage and lights. We get one or two guest judges in the music industry to participate. It is a night of celebrating student talent. This year I managed to make it to the finals of the Battle of the Bands and now have a sense of what it all about. I was impressed by the diversity in song choice amongst performers and the quality of the music. I have to say we have some definite performers amongst our students which made the evening much more enjoyable. I'm still not quite sure how the one tenth grader managed to play his electric guitar behind his head...While music is not what I would consider one of my talents it is enjoyable to see what some of our high schoolers can do.




No comments:

Post a Comment